Health Care Professionals

Professionals who work across eye health are key to helping people newly diagnosed or living with sight loss to come to terms with their condition and help improve their quality of life.

See below for the different types of Health Professionals.

High Street Opticians Optometry

Optometrists carry out detailed examinations of the eyes to detect defects in vision, signs of injury, ocular diseases (diseases of the eye) or abnormality, and problems with general health.

Your Doctor
General Practice

GPs are in a key position to identify patients who may be living with sight loss and to advise and arrange further specialist examinations at the eye hospital

Hospital Eye Units

Eye Units provide comprehensive outpatient ophthalmic services with up to date diagnostic and treatment facilities.

Sensory Team

The Sensory Team and Rehabilitation Officers Visual Impairment (ROVIs)

Registering your
Sight Loss

Being registered often makes it easier to get practical help and may qualify you for certain benefits.