Devon in Sight Privacy Statement
One of the biggest changes to UK data privacy law comes into effect on 25th May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation, known as GDPR, is a really positive step towards you having more control over how your personal information (data) is used and how you're contacted by organisations such as Devon in Sight.
Here at Devon in Sight we take your privacy seriously. This statement explains how we will use any personal information we collect about you when you use any of our services or get involved with any of our projects.
What information do we collect about you?
We will ask for some information about you when you get involved with any of our services or projects. This will be information like:
- Your Contact details
- Date of Birth
- Your sight condition
- Equality and Diversity information
- Information about you that will enable us to provide the service to you.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your personal information so that we can maintain our records and provide our service to you.
Only with your permission we would also like to contact you from time to time to send you information about our services and projects. This information may include:
- Newsletter updates;
- Opportunities to get your voice heard through consultations;
- Information giving events you might be interested in attending;
- Opportunities to support the charity through fundraising;
- Requests for volunteers and peer supporters; and
- Opportunities to feedback on our services.
Devon in Sight will not share your information with any other organisations.
Appropriate safeguards are in place at Devon in Sight to secure the collection, storage, transmission and disposal of your personal data to comply with General Data Protection Regulations.
How will we collect information?
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you get involved with one of our services
- When you contact us to register for an event or training, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity
- When you interact with us through partners or suppliers working on our behalf.
Our cookies help us
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Google Analytics Tracking Cookies
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate.|
|nr-data.net||Session||Preserves u sers states acro ss p ag e req u ests.|
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Access to your information and correction
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If details such as your address change, please let us know. You can ask to see the information we hold about you at any time. You can ask to correct information if you think it is inaccurate.
You can ask for us to remove your information at any time.
For further details on how your data is used and stored please contact us for a copy of our Data Protection Policy.
Telephone: 01392 876 666
Devon in Sight