The Devon Sight Loss Forum aims to amplify the voice of anyone in Devon living with sight loss and will bring people with differing sight loss life experiences together who can speak from a unified perspective.
The Devon Sight Loss Forum will enable local people affected by sight loss to influence change in Sight Loss Services across Devon by:
- Giving a greater voice to people affected with sight loss, including family, friends, carers, employers, other interested people.
- Providing a platform open to anyone with an interest in sight loss issues without prejudice to ability, race, ethnic background, beliefs, age or sexual identity.
- Helping raise issues with Sight Loss Service providers in Devon i.e., Health & Social Care and Other Voluntary Sector organisations.
- Helping to shape Devon in Sight’s future services.
- Trialling new Devon in Sight project work e.g. Sight Loss MOT.
- Striving to improve life for anyone with sight loss in the future.
- Making change in a way that is non-confrontational, positive and in a sense of partnership.
- To get all areas of the Devon community to “Remember us” when making plans.
For more information please contact
Tessa Barrett on 01392 876 666.