The Mid Devon Community Support Service covers the towns of Tiverton, Cullompton, Crediton and the surrounding districts.”
The Sight Loss MOT
Margaret will carry our new ‘Sight Loss MOT’ which will help you identify what additional support might be helpful particularly if you have been newly diagnosed with sight loss, or if your condition or support needs have changed.
Having completed the ‘Sight Loss MOT’ we will work together to devise a help plan which will help you improve your independence and wellbeing.
Sight Loss Adviser
We offer a range of equipment and training to help you adjust to your sight Loss.
Our Sight Loss Adviser Nanette will be able to help you with a Lighting and Magnification Assessment, provide ‘Skills for Seeing’ Training and demonstrate a selection of equipment.
This service is provided by appointment only.
Sight Loss Hubs in Mid Devon
We hold regular events at our local hubs in Crediton, Cullompton and Tiverton. We offer the following services at these meetings:
- A drop in facility offering information and support for anyone living with sight loss, their families or carers.
- An opportunity to meet our Community Support worker to arrange a home visit for a detailed assessment of the support services that may be helpful.
- A ‘Talk and Support’ group where people can meet others living with sight loss.
- Opportunities to meet other groups and partner organisations who hold occasional advice and information sessions at our hubs.
- One to one appointments with our Sight Loss Adviser for lighting and magnifier assessments and training in skills for seeing.
Crediton Town Council Offices, Market Street, Crediton, EX17 2BN
Every two months on the second Thursday of the month from 10.00 to 1.00,
2018 dates – February 15th (NB this is the third Thursday), April 12th, June 7th, August 9th, October 11th, December 13th.
The Hayridge, Exeter Hill, Cullompton, EX15 1DJ.
Every two months, usually on the last Thursday of the month (but please note the exceptions in 2018), from 9.30 to 1.00.
2018 dates – February 22nd, April 26th, June 28th, August 16th (NB this is the second Thursday), October 18th (NB this is the second Thursday), December 20th.
Old Heathcoat School Community Centre, 81 King St, Tiverton, EX16 5JJ.
Every two months on the last Thursday of the month from 9.30 to 12.30,
2018 dates – March 29th, May 31st, July 26th, September 27th, November 29th.