The East Devon Community Support Service covers the towns of Axminister, Budleigh, Honiton, Ottery St Mary, Exmouth and the surrounding districts.”
The Sight Loss MOT
Tracey will carry out our ‘Sight Loss MOT’ which will help you identify what additional support might be helpful particularly if you have been newly diagnosed with sight loss, or if your condition or support needs have changed.
Having completed the ‘Sight Loss MOT’ we will work together to devise a help plan which will help you improve your independence and wellbeing.
Sight Loss Adviser
We offer a range of equipment and training to help you adjust to your sight Loss.
Our Sight Loss Adviser Nanette will be able to help you with a Lighting and Magnification Assessment, provide ‘Skills for Seeing’ Training and demonstrate a selection of equipment.
This service is provided by appointment only.
Sight Loss Hubs in East Devon
We hold regular events at our local hubs in Axminster, Budleigh, Honiton and Sidmouth. We offer the following services at these meetings:
- A drop in facility offering information and support for anyone living with sight loss, their families or carers.
- An opportunity to meet our Community Support worker to arrange a home visit for a detailed assessment of the support services that may be helpful.
- A ‘Talk and Support’ group where people can meet others living with sight loss.
- Opportunities to meet other groups and partner organisations who hold occasional advice and information sessions at our hubs.
- One to one appointments with our Sight Loss Adviser for lighting and magnifier assessments and training in skills for seeing.
Senior Citizens’ Centre, Church Street, Axminster, EX13 5AG.
Every two months on the first Wednesday of the month from 10.00 to 12.30.
2018 dates – February 7th, April 4th, June 6th, August 1st, October 3rd, December 5th.
Health and Wellbeing Hub, Budleigh Salterton Hospital, East Budleigh Road, Budleigh Salterton EX9 6HF.
Every two months on either the second or third Wednesday from 10.00 to 12.30.
2018 dates – February 21st, April 11th, June 13th, August 15th, October 10th, December 12th.
Beehive Community Centre, Dowell Street, Honiton, EX14 1LZ.
Every two months on the first Tuesday in the month from 10.00 to 12.30.
2018 dates – February 6th, April 3rd, June 5th, August 7th, October 2nd, December 4th.
Twyford House Day Centre, Magnolia Cottage, Coburg Rd, Sidmouth, EX10 8NF.
Every two months on the third Tuesday of the month from10.00 to 12.30,
2018 dates – March 20th, May 15th, July 17th, September 18th, November 20th.